The members of the Planning Commission formed a Zoning Update Task Force which met for nearly two years between 2016-2018 to draft an updated zoning ordinance. Brandywine Conservancy provided consulting services for the project, and the Township Board of Supervisors, Township Manager, and Township Solicitor then reviewed and revisted the draft further.
On June 13, 2018, the Board of Supervisors approved the following to be sent to the Chester County Planning Commission (CCPC) for Act 247 Review:
Draft Zoning Ordinance June 2018.
– Appendix A: Alien Invasive Trees, Shrubs, & Vines.
– Appendix B: Flood Hazard District
– Appendix C: Wellhead Protection District
– Appendix D: Riparian Corridor Conservation District
– Appendix E: List of Approved Plants.
The CCPC review period is 45 days, after which time the Board may advertise a hearing for possible enactment on the Ordinance. Please check back for more details.
Last update: June 14, 2018.