511PAConnect – info for motorists on road closures due to accidents or weather.
Access to Justice Program. Check here if you do not qualify for free Legal Aid.
Aging In Place.org
The American Legion Post 422. Click on “Find a Post” in the upper right-hand corner, enter ZIP 19344, and click on the “More Info” link under the Post 422 listing for meeting times and other contact information.
APPRISE. Health insurance counseling during Medicare Open Enrollment Period.
Aqua America blog. Helpful water tips.
– Tips for preventing frozen pipes flyer.
– Preventing Frozen Pipes video.
Boy Scouts of America Troop 9
Boy Scouts of America Pack 9
Brandywine (formerly Chester County) Society for the Protection of Animals (SPCA):
Chester County, PA
– Look for the “Download the Chester County Mobile App” button for ChescoCONNECT, with 16 of the most frequently visited Chester County website pages.
Chester County Assistance Office. 100 James Buchanan Road, Thorndale. Phone 610-466-1000; toll Free: 1-888-814-4698. LIHEAP phone: 610-466-1042.
Chester County Association of Township Officials
Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry (CCCBI)
Chester County’s Children, Inc. Provides financial aid for families in crisis and children under the age of 18 living in foster care.
Chester County Conservation District. Mission: Conserving Soil for Clean Water. Phone 610-925-4920.
Chester County Crisis Services. 24/7 Mental Health hotline: (610) 280-3270 or 610-918-2100; Toll free 1-877-918-2100.
Chester County Department of Community Development (DCD).
Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC)
Chester County Food Bank:
– Hot Meal programs
– Honey Brook Food Pantry
Chester County Health Department
– Make You and Your Home a Mosquito Bite-Free Zone
– West Nile Virus information
Chester County Master Gardeners.
– Phone hotline: 610-696-3500, Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm during the growing season.
– Questions and photos may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Chester County Pet Food Pantry. Donate pet supplies or inquire for assistance in feeding a pet at (484) 558-0467.
Chester County Solid Waste Authority
Chester County Workforce Development Board (WDB)
College Resources for Veterans and Their Families
Commodity Supplemental Food Program
ConnectPoints (help for the homeless). Phone 800-935-3181.
Consumer Affairs Guide to Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers.
Downingtown Area Senior Center – serving Downingtown, Elverson, and Honey Brook Boroughs and Caln, East Bradford, East Brandywine, East Caln, East Fallowfield, East Nantmeal, Honey Brook, Upper Uwchlan, Uwchlan, Wallace, West Bradford, West Whiteland, and West Nantmeal Townships.
Elverson-Honey Brook Area EMS.
Fair Housing Rights Center (FHRC) of Southeastern Pennsylvania. Phone 215-625-0700.
Find Rehab Centers.org
Fraud Watch Network.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
Granny Handymen, Inc. Provides basic handyman services to seniors and the disabled free of charge.
Hire One. A private-public partnership of the CCEDC, Chester County WDB, PA CareerLink, and local businesses.
Honey Brook Borough
Honey Brook Community Library (HBCL)
– Special events at the Library
– Supplemental Food Program for Seniors. For information on how to apply, call the HBCL at 610-273-3303.
Honey Brook Community Partnership
– Community Grant Program Information. Check back in winter 2020.
– Community Grant Application Form. Check back in winter 2020.
– Honey Brook Carnival, Sept. 11-14. Check back in summer 2019.
– Harmony Day Advertising & Sponsor Form 2019.
– Harmony Day Vendor Application 2019. Check back in summer 2019.
– Harmony Day list of activities – September 21, 2019. Check back in summer 2019.
– Deck the Brook 2019 registration form. Check back in late autumn 2019.
Honey Brook Elementary Center (HBEC)
Honey Brook Fire Company
Honey Brook Lions Club
Honey Brook Presbyterian Church FREE Community Dinners. Questions? Call 610-273-2848.
Honey Brook Youth Center
– Summer 2019 Activities
Housing Partnership of Chester County.
Hunters Share the Harvest (HSH). List of processors who donate part of all of a harvested deer for the hungry.
Kacie’s Cause – an informative site about heroin addiction for parents, friends, and addicts.
Knights of Columbus – St. Peter’s Parish, Council #10351
Large Animal Protection Society for Lancaster and Chester Counties: 610-869-9880.
Laundry Library League. Placement of “Library Boxes” of books in Laundromats throughout Chester County, for toddlers through youth.
League of Women Voters of Chester County
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Live Healthy Discount Program. Savings on prescriptions and health and dental visits.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Hotline 1-866-857-7095 Mon.-Fri.
– Check back for 2019 LIHEAP application period opening date; click here; or visit the Chester County Assistance Office, 100 James Buchanan Drive, Thorndale PA, to apply.
Open Hearth, Inc. Programs to end homelessness & achieve financial self-sufficiency. 610-792-9282.
PA ABLE. Savings accounts for the disabled.
PA Bureau of State Employment.
PA Careerlink Chester County. A cooperative program where job seekers and employers share access to job training, education, and employment services.
PA Dept. of Aging
– Mature job seeker services.
Pennsylvania Council of Governments (PACoG)
PA Dept. of Community & Economic Development (DCED)
PA Dept. of Agriculture: Spotted Lanternfly reporting and information
PA Deparment of Health West Nile Virus information
PA Dept. of Labor & Industry
PA Dept. of Military & Veterans Affairs (DMVA):
– competitive grants through the Veterans’ Trust Fund (VTF).
– online Veterans Registry
– VA Medical Foster Home for elderly or disabled Veterans. Call 610-466-2273 or visit www.coatesville.va.gov.
Pipeline Information Center. Created by the Chester County Commissioners.
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PMDP). Reporting tool for suspicious activity surrounding the prescribing or dispensing of prescription drugs (including opioids).
Prevent Blindness – glaucoma information.
Propane Safety. A publication of the Propane Education & Research Council.
Ready for 100: Sierra Club initiative for 100% renewable energy by 2050.
Rehabs.com. Search for a local rehabilitation facility for addiction.
Resource Enhancement and Protection program (REAP). Tax credits for installation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) or purchase equipment to reduce nutrient & sediment runoff.
Senior Guidance. Search for senior living resources.
Twin Valley Little League
USDA Home Repair Program
VISTA Today. Celebrating Chester County’s Quality of Place.
Water Quality Hotlines
Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce
– Scholarship for High School Seniors – deadline of April 15, 2019.
– Click here for the scholarship application.
Western Chester County Council of Governments
Withdrawl.net. Search for local inpatient and outpatient withdrawl treatment programs.
Women’s Opportunity Resource Center
Last update: May 8, 2019.