Honey Brook Township is classified as a township of the second class. It has a three-member Board of Supervisors elected at-large for staggered six-year terms, such that elections for Supervisor are held every other year in odd-numbered years. The Township is a member of the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors (PSATS), the Chester County Association of Township Officials (CCATO), and the Western Chester County Council of Governments (WCCCoG), as well as the Morgantown Area Business Association (MABA) and the Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce (WCCCC).
Legal notices for the Township are published in the Daily Local News. Visit the Pennsylvania Public Notices website to search for notices of interest to you.
In the news, Winter 2017: read about Honey Brook Township in the Brandywine Conservancy’s online newsletter, Environmental Currents, by clicking here for information about land preservation and by clicking here to read about the rain garden installation at the James A. Umble Memorial Park in fall 2017.
In the news, January 2017: read about Honey Brook Township’s 2nd place award for Most Improved Newsletter, awarded by the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors (PSATS) by clicking here.
In the news, January 2016: read about Honey Brook Township’s Land Preservation efforts and the Multi-Municipal Comprehensive Plan on page 11 of the Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce newsletter by clicking here.
In the news, December 15, 2015: read about the Tri-County’s coverage of the citizen awards presented at the Dec. 9 Board of Supervisors meeting by clicking here.
In the news, September 16, 2015: read the Community Courier’s announcement of the Share the Warmth Make-a-Difference Day (from which more than 250 coats were distributed in the Honey Brook area) by clicking here.
In the news, May 19, 2015: read about the Tri-County’s coverage of the Born Learning Trail ribbon-cutting ceremony by clicking here.
In the news, Feb. 17, 2015: read about Citadel’s donation to the Honey Brook Food Pantry by clicking here.
In the news, January 27, 2015: read about the Tri-County’s Q&A with the Township by clicking here.
Population (as of the 2010 census): 7,647
Area: 25 square miles
Assessed Valuation: $341,967,085
Municipal Road miles: 52.64, maintained by the Township Roads department.
State Road miles: 20.68, maintained by PennDOT: 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623) or 484-340-3200.
Township real estate tax rate: 0.98 mills
Collected by the Chester County Treasurer beginning in 2018: (610) 344-6370.
Bills are generally sent out in February or March of each year.
School real estate tax rate (for school year 2017-18): 29.4248 mills
Collected by Twin Valley School District: 610-286-8632. Click here for more information.
Bills are generally sent out in July of each year.
Earned Income Tax rate: 1.5% (0.5% going to each of Township general fund, Township Land Preservation Fund, and Twin Valley School District).
Collected by Keystone Collections Group: 610-269-4402 or click here for taxpayer helpline info.
Honey Brook Township’s political subdivision code (PSD Code) is 151006. The PSD Code play an important role in assisting employers and tax collectors to distribute the correct amount of local Earned Income Tax collected to the correct municipality—township, borough, city—in Pennsylvania.
Chester County tax rate: 4.163 mills
Bills are generally sent out in April or May of each year. Chester County Treasurer: (610) 344-6370.
Real Estate Transfer Tax: 1%
- Contact the Chester County Treasurer, (610) 344-6370, for real estate certifications. Note: Berkheimer Associates issued real estate certifications through 2017.
- Use & Occupancy (U&O) certificates are not required for residential resale.
Cable Service: the following companies have franchise agreements with the Township but may not service all areas. Check with each company for availability.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278).
- Service Electric: 1-800-232-9100 or 610-865-9100.
- Verizon: 1-800-479-1919. Limited Fios service; to check for availability, visit http://fios.Verizon.com.
- PP&L (Pennsylvania Power & Light) owns the electric lines that service Honey Brook Township: 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775). For outages or emergencies, choose option #1.
- With deregulation, residents have a variety of suppliers to choose from. See www.PAPowerSwitch.com for information.
- A new transmission line between Honey Brook and the Twin Valley substation is currently being installed. See www.pplreliablepower.com/lancasterregion for more information.
Natural gas (if available):
Radio: HBR radio, 1610 am, provides announcements and other items of local interest.
- Verizon: 1-888-591-6076.
Water Service: click here to see the Water Service Map
- Aqua Pennsylvania for areas east of Honey Brook Borough, 800-711-4779
- Honey Brook Borough Authority for areas west of Honey Brook Borough, 610-273-7830
- For Mountainview development: Caernarvon-Berks Sewer & Water Authority, 610-286-1017
- Well water – Chester County Health Department, 610-344-6225
- Northwestern Chester County Municipal Authority (NWCCMA), 610-273-2265
- For Mountainview development: Caernarvon-Berks Sewer & Water Authority, 610-286-1017
- On-lot Sewage – Chester County Health Department Sewage Enforcement Officer: Eric Leskovich, 610-344-5270
- Privately contracted in the Township.
- If you live in a neighborhood with a Homeowner’s Association, check with your HOA.
- Chester County Solid Waste Authority (Lanchester Landfill): 610-273-3771
- Recycling is now mandatory in the Township per Ordinance 175-2014, passed on August 13, 2014. Visit the Recycling page for more information.
Other Helpful Information
The American Legion Post 422. Click on “Find a Post” in the upper right-hand corner, enter ZIP 19344, and click on the “More Info” link under the Post 422 listing for meeting times and other contact information.
Aqua America blog. Helpful water tips.
Boy Scouts of America Troop 9
Boy Scouts of America Pack 9
Brandywine (formerly Chester County) Society for the Protection of Animals (SPCAChester County Society for the Protection of Animals (SPCA). 1212 Phoenixville Pike, West Chester: (610) 692-6113 (Honey Brook Township has a three-year, full-service contract with the SPCA until December 31, 2018.)
Chester County, PA
– Also has the link to download the ChescoCONNECT mobile app, with 16 of the most frequently visited Chester County website pages. Look for the “Download the Chester County Mobile App” button.
Chester County Assistance Office. Call 610-466-1042 for Low-Income Housing Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) information.
Chester County’s Children, Inc. Provides financial aid for families in crisis and children under the age of 18 living in foster care.
Chester County Food Bank
– Hot Meal programs
Chester County Pet Food Pantry. Donate pet supplies or inquire for assistance in feeding a pet at (484) 558-0467.
Chester County Solid Waste Authority
ConnectPoints (help for the homeless). Phone 800-935-3181.
District Court 15-3-06 (4824 Horseshoe Pike): 610-273-3771
Downingtown Area Senior Center – serving Downingtown, Elverson, and Honey Brook Boroughs and Caln, East Bradford, East Brandywine, East Caln, East Fallowfield, East Nantmeal, Honey Brook, Upper Uwchlan, Uwchlan, Wallace, West Bradford, West Whiteland, and West Nantmeal Townships.
Elverson-Honey Brook Area EMS (ambulance).
Fraud Watch Network.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
Granny Handymen, Inc. Provides basic handyman services to seniors and the disabled free of charge.
Honey Brook Borough
Honey Brook Community Library
– Special events at the Library
Honey Brook Community Partnership
– Honey Brook Community Harmony Day Sponsorship form–check back in Summer 2018.
– Deck the Brook 2016 registration form–check back in late Fall 2018.
Honey Brook Elementary Center (HBEC)
Honey Brook Fire Company
Honey Brook Food Pantry (5064 Horseshoe Pike, Door #8): 610-273-6102
Honey Brook Lions Club
Honey Brook Post Office: 610-273-4347
Honey Brook Youth Center
Housing Partnership of Chester County.
Kacie’s Cause – an informative site about heroin addiction for parents, friends, and addicts.
Knights of Columbus – St. Peter’s Parish, Council #10351
League of Women Voters of Chester County
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Hotline 1-866-857-7095 Mon.-Fri.
Open Hearth, Inc. Programs to end homelessness & achieve financial self-sufficiency. 610-792-9282.
Pipeline Information Center. Created by the Chester County Commissioners.
Twin Valley Fire Company
Twin Valley Little League
USDA Home Repair Program
Veterans Affairs Medial Center, Coatesville:
– Urgent Care Nurse: 1-800-290-6172 M-F 8 am to 5 pm; 1-888-558-3812 nights & weekends.
– Veterans Crisis Line, staffed 24/7/365: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1).
Voter Services (to register, request absentee ballots, etc.): 610-344-6410
Western Chester County Council of Governments
Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce
Last update: September 10, 2018.