Every resident pays real estate and earned income taxes, whether you own the property on which you reside or not. If you’re a renter, your real estate tax is typically included in the rent. The following list should help you keep up to date on this important civic responsibility. Love them or hate them, taxes are the means by which government provides the services from which we all benefit. The Township collects two types of tax each year–a 1.5% Earned Income Tax and a Real Estate Tax based upon a property’s assessed valuation.
Earned Income Tax.
Keystone Collections Group collects this tax on behalf of the Township and the Twin Valley School District. The school district receives one-half of a percent from this tax. The remaining one percent goes to the Township. (0.5% for general funding and 0.5% for land preservation). Like your state and federal income taxes, you must file with Keystone by April 15th each year. Forms are available by contacting Keystone Collections Group 610-269-4402. Click here for Taxpayer Helpline information.
Honey Brook Township’s political subdivision code (PSD Code) is 151006. The PSD Code play an important role in assisting employers and tax collectors to distribute the correct amount of local Earned Income Tax collected to the correct municipality—township, borough, city—in Pennsylvania.
Real Estate Tax. Residents in Honey Brook Township pay real estate taxes to three agencies.
- Twin Valley School District (TVSD). The TVSD collects its own real estate tax. The tax rate for school year 2017-18 is anticipated to be 29.6448 mills for Chester County. The school tax rate is not final until the 2017-18 TVSD budget is submitted to the Pennsylvania Department of Education in June. Contact the district’s tax office at 610-286-8632 for more information or click here.
- Chester County. Chester County collects its own real estate tax (Chester County Treasurer: 610-344-6370). The 2017 tax rate is 4.369 mills. Contact the County Assessment office at 610-344-6105 for more information.
- Honey Brook Township. Berkheimer Associates collects the Township’s real estate tax. The 2016 tax rate is 0.98 mills. Contact Berkheimer at 1-866-300-1714 or 610-363-7214 for information regarding tax bills and tax certifications.
To see a graphic representation of the breakdown of Township, County, and School District taxes for 2016-2017, click here. This example is based upon median home values and incomes for ZIP code 19344.
Other useful links:
- Reporting phishing and online scams to the IRS by clicking here.
- Find out about identity ptrotection and victim assistance by clicking here.
Last update: May 17, 2017.