Honey Brook Township, Chester County, PA

Honey Brook Township

Chester County, PA

500 Suplee Road • PO BOX 1281 • Honey Brook, PA 19344

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM-3PM
Phone: (610) 273-3970
Fax: (610) 273-3909

Frequently Asked Questions

New Residents.

Is a Use & Occupancy permit (U&O) required on residential resale?
No. It is required on commercial resale only.
I’m new to the area (or about to move here). What do I need to know?

A good place to start is the About the Township page of the website.  The Chester County website, www.chesco.org, also has a wealth of information.

Is my property on public sewer or public water?

For sewer information, call the Northwestern Chester County Municipal Authority (NCCMA) at 610-273-2265 for all areas but Mountainview development and Hillview Road (which are on Caernarvon-Berks’ system; see below).
– Water information for properties east of Honey Brook Borough, call Aqua PA at 800-711-4779.
– Water information for properties west of Honey Brook Borough, call the Honey Brook Borough Authority at 610-273-7830.
– Water & sewer information for Mountainview development and Hillview Road, call Caernarvon-Berks Water & Sewer Authority at 610-286-1017.

Spotted Lanternfly.

What is a Spotted Lanternfly and where can I learn more?

The Spotted Lanternfly (SLF) is an invasive insect that is threatening the northeastern United States, especially southeastern Pennsylvania. It presents a significant threat to Pennsylvania agriculture, including the grape, tree-fruit, hardwood, and nursery industries. Find out how to identify and report sightings of the SLF, and for a list of actions you can take to help, visit the PennState Extension website.


Where may I obtain a dog license?

Applications are available at the Township Administration office, but dog licenses are issued by the Chester County Treasurer’s Office, not Honey Brook Township.


I’m re-roofing my house. Do I need a permit?

If only the shingles are being removed and replaced, then no.  If, however, structural changes are being made (dormers added or removed or decking is being replaced), then you must apply for a residential building permit.

I’m sealing my driveway. Do I need a permit?

No.  However, if any changes are being made to the footprint of the driveway (i.e. widening or adding a turnaround), then you must apply for a Driveway permit.

I want to know about construction I'm seeing in the Township. What's going on?

The Planning Commission (PC) meets monthly to review subdivision and land development plans to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors for action at their meetings.  A list of all projects in their various stages are listed under the Planning Commission section here: https://honeybrooktwp.com/township-government/boards-and-commissions/


Where do I get a recycling bin?

Check with your contracted hauler.  For neighborhoods with a Homeowner’s Association (HoA), check with them for contact information for the hauler selected for your neighborhood (Brandywine Preserve, Cambridge Run, Foxbrooke, Knob Hill, Mountainview, Village Greene).

How do I dispose of leaves, brush, or Christmas trees?

Again, check with your hauler.  The Township’s Recycling Ordinance requires haulers to offer at least three yard waste collections per year (one in spring, two in fall).  You can also check out the Chester County Solid Waste Authority (CCSWA) website for information on wood and vegetative disposal on site at the Lanchester Landfill.

I have an old lawnmower battery and a broken television. How can I dispose of them?

The Chester County Solid Waste Authority (CCSWA) holds various Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)and E-Waste Events (residential only; no commercial) throughout the year.  See the kinds of materials they accept and event dates by visiting their website.  The CCSWA no longer collects e-waste at HHW events. Please view the CCSWA website for their up-to-date television disposal policy and for places to recycle other electronics.

I have expired medications to dispose of. Where can I do that?

There are several drop-off locations throughout Chester County.  Click here for the list.


I have an issue with my Comcast or Service Electric Cable TV bill. The Township phone number is listed on my bill; should I call the township?

No.  Dial 1-800-COMCAST (266-2278) or Service Electric at 1-800-232-9100.  By law, the Township must be listed on the bill as the franchising authority, giving the company permission to have their cable/telephone lines in the Township.  The Township has nothing to do with the billing rates, process, or practices.


I would like to report an Issue or Concern. How do I do that?

Fill out the Township’s Issue or Concern Form and return it by e-mail to info@honeybrooktwp.com, by fax to 610.273.3909, in person at the Township Administration Office during normal business hours or by drop-box after hours, or by mail to P.O. Box 1281, Honey Brook PA 19344.


This page was last revised on February 4, 2022.